Oh dear home....pranamam!

Half of my life's sweet and sour memories are linked to you. The faded images of my grand father and grand mother, life with parents and sisters, visits by loving aunties and uncles, those vibrant get together s  organized by my parents, the day electricity came to my house and life, the day telephone came to my house and life, the day broadband came to my house, those loving workers at the farm, those coconut harvesting days, negotiations of my mother with the fishermen, weddings of my sisters, my wedding, first nights, the death of my Grandfather, the sight of my father weeping at his feet, the death of my grand mother, the deaths of my father and mother, those evening get togethers at the veranda, days of those thunder storms, where everyone vies for a place on the cot at the prayer room, which is considered as the safest room, those aquariums kept at the veranda, my garage converted office, the work done from the garage converted office, those drinking sprees, those delicious prawns and pork dishes of local flavor made and served with love by my mother, the servants at home, the beautiful garden of my Dad, my first ambassador car, the lonely feeling creeping into me, when the kith and kin departed after my mother's funeral, those recuperating days after a major illness, people coming in asking for help, christmas carols, onam festivals with onakkali competitions, the flying arrows shuttle club, those foot ball matches with 'bambloos naranga'', kuttiyum kolum kali ( a local game similar to cricket), the noise of the celebrations from the neighbourhood, the noise of prayers from the nearby houses..........the list is incomplete......

Now we have decided to demolish you to construct a new one. Thank you dear for sheltering us and protecting us. Instead of the word 'demolish'', i must use the word 'ímprove'', because you cannot be separated from us. You are part of us......

Comments

Popular Posts